SUBJECT: Publish your book in Open Access with Versita
Dear potential author(s),
This is an invitation for you to consider publishing a new book with Versita (www.versita.com) in Open Access model. In this model, the book is available online to all interested readers, who do not have to pay for accessing its contents. Open access brings very wide audience and increased readership. It may also grow sales of printed copies.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider Versita as your publisher:
- ·fair and comprehensive peer-review of submitted proposals and manuscripts
- ·English language copy-editing by native English speaking specialists in the field (in some subject areas we accept also manuscripts in other languages)
- ·professional composition of the manuscript in PDF format
- ·hosting the book on MetaPress platform, which offers many functionalities, e.g. active links in references
- ·printed copies sold to libraries and individuals, by Versita and distributors (e.g. Amazon)
- ·complimentary printed copies for book author and editors
- ·royalties for the author from print copy sales
- ·indexing by Google and other search engines
- ·e-book delivery to libraries and full-text repositories (e.g. Google Book Search)
- ·Creative Commons copyright license
As a rule, open access books are published in so-called author-pays model, which means that the author (or rather his or her affiliate institution or another sponsor) of the book manuscript accepted for publication pays a Book Processing Charge, which covers the production and marketing costs. Versita will use Book Processing Charges, but we have decided to waive them for the next year or two.
If you wish to submit a new book proposal, please fill in our New Book Proposal Form available at http://www.versita.com/Book_Author/Form/ and return it in by e-mail to me: email@example.com. More information on our Open Access book publishing program in linguistics can be found at versita/bookauthor/linguistics.
If you prefer the traditional way of publishing, where the book content is available only to libraries and individuals who have paid for it, Versita will be pleased to propose your book to our publishing partner, de Gruyter (www.degruyter.com). In this model, authors (or rather their affiliate institutions or other sponsors) do not pay any publication fees.
Dr. Yasemin Yildiz