- Yildiz, Yasemin & Koyuncuoğlu, Hande. (forthcoming, Fall 2017). The Attrition of Turkish as a Third Language: A Preliminary Case Study Investigation. International Journal of Applied Linguistics.
- Yildiz, Yasemin. (in press) ‘Linguistics-Applied or Applied-Linguistics: Exploring the UAE and beyond’, In A. Howard (Ed.), Practical Educational Research: Perspectives from the Arabian Gulf, TESOL Arabia.
Yildiz, Yasemin. (2017). [Review of the book Corpus Linguistics and Linguistically Annotated Corpora, by Sandra Kuebler, Heike Zinsmeister]. System , 70, 134-136.
Yildiz, Yasemin. (in press) ‘Maladministration in the UK education system: A sociolinguistic perspective’, In Samier, Eugenie and Miller, Peter (Eds.), Maladministration in Education: Theories, Research and Critiques. Routledge.
- Yildiz, Yasemin. (2017). Explaining the Orthography-Phonology Interface in Written Corpora: An Optimality-Theoretic Approach. Corpora Journal, 12 (2), 181- 205.
- Yildiz, Yasemin. (2016). Language ideology in the discourse of educational leadership. In Samier, Eugenie (Ed.), Ideologies in Educational Administration and Leadership. Routledge.
- Aimon, Sabawi. and Yildiz, Yasemin. (2015). The role of social networks on the progress of English attainment: a study of Year 10 EAL boarding pupils. Journal of Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics, 2(3), 19-40.
- Lozano, Ricardo. and Yildiz, Yasemin. (2015). Special Education Teacher Training Programs in the United States and Turkey: Educational Policies and Practices, and their Repercussions on the Supply and Demand for Special Education Teachers in Turkey. International Journal of Educational Reform, 24(2), 91-104.
- Yildiz, Yasemin. and Komurcu, Buket. (2014). Assessing the Auditory Perceptual Skills of Gifted and Normal Turkish-Speaking Child L2 Learners of English. TESOL International Journal, 9(1), 104-120.
- Ozek, Yesim. and Yildiz, Yasemin. (2012). An Introduction to the MSI-Model. Journal of English Language and Literature Studies, 2 (1), 1-14. For pdf, click here
- Komurcu, Buket. and Yildiz, Yasemin. (2011). An Assessment of the Auditory Speech Perceptual Skills of Young Turkish Learners of English: Perceptual Assimilation Model. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences 15, 3511-3515. World Conference on Educational Sciences, 2011. For pdf, click here
- Yildiz, Yasemin. (2010). Age Effects in the Second Language Acquisition of English Onset Clusters by Turkish Learners: An Optimality-Theoretic Approach. Cambridge Scholars Publishing. For further details, click here
- Uzel, Seray Ayse. and Yildiz, Yasemin. (2010). A Comparative Study of the Turkish (L1) and English (L2) Reading Strategies of Turkish Freshman Students. In Proceedings of the 6th International COMU ELT Research Conference: Current Trends in SLA Research and Language Teaching. COMU Publications No: 99.
- Yildiz, Yasemin. and Ozek, Yesim. (2009). The Role of Markedness in Vocabulary Learning. In Proceeding of the International Conference of Technology, Education and Development (ICERI 2009). For pdf, click here.
- Yildiz, Yasemin. (2006). The acquisition of English interdentals by Turkish learners: explaining age effects in L2 phonology. Essex Graduate Papers in Language and Linguistics, 8, 144-165. for pdf, click here
- Yildiz, Yasemin. (2005). The Structure of initial /s/-clusters: Evidence from L1 and L2 Acquisition. In Marina Tzakosta, Claartje Levelt & Jeroen van der Weijer (eds.), Developmental Paths in Phonological Acquisition. Special issue of Leiden Papers in Linguistics, 2.1, 163-187. ISSN: 1574-4728. for pdf, click here
- more to follow, watch this space!